FR. HANS ZOLLNER, SJ
Wed. 2nd Oct, 19.00 London Time.
Hans Zollner, SJ, is a theologian, psychologist and psychotherapist. He is Ordinary Professor and Director of the Institute of Anthropology Interdisciplinary Studies on Human Dignity and Care (IADC) at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome.
He has been a member of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors since its inception in 2014.
He has visited over 50 countries on five or six continents, to promote how the Church “is really starting to move over the last couple of years on the issue of doing justice to victims, of listening to them, and doing whatever can be done in terms of safeguarding.”
Key issues for the evening are:
- The nature and effect of spiritual abuse – and abuse of power
- The damaging nature of the culture of secrecy and processes that silence victims / survivors
- The ‘cult of appearance’ (Pope Francis) that leads to the false belief: “it’s all alright now”
- Challenging bishops and heads of orders and mandating alternative behaviours
- Taking personal responsibility for change – being part of the solution
Wed 2nd Nov, 19.00 London Time.
To register on our Home page
Root & Branch are honoured to present this evening
in conjunction with Survivor Voices and Scottish Laity Network